Saturday, January 21, 2012

Melted Creations

A recent crafting fad that I have noticed on multiple crafting websites is melting crayons on canvas.  I thought the idea was neat, so I made a couple of my own melted crayon canvas projects. This first canvas was done by peeling the paper off a particular color scheme of crayons and hot-gluing them to the top of the canvas.  I then made heart stencils and taped them to the canvas. Next step was to blow dry the crayons to cause them to melt.  The last step was to take the stencils off and touch-up the hearts with white paint.


My next canvas was a mixture of several different projects.  In some earlier posts, I showed artwork where I cut a picture out of a canvas with a blade, painted the canvas, and then backed it with black foam board.  Well I combined that style with this new crayon style.  In this next canvas, first I cut out a ukulele with a blade and then I covered the canvas with pages from an old book.  I then hot-glued crayons to the top and melted them with a hairdryer.  The last step was to back the canvas with black foam board and hot glue it into place.  It turned out to look very fiery and rustic. 


HAPPY CRAFTING! 

~Caroline~


No comments:

Post a Comment